Grassroots Music Network Forums Grassroots Music Network What do we want on this website?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Welcome to the forum! What do we want to see on this website? Hit me up with some suggestions and content!

• Michael BroomanMichael Brooman
      Participant

Well I would have thought some music for a start!
      How about a place to share musicians tips. Both about making and promoting music.
      How about sharing knowledge of venues, contacts, etc.

• Kerry JKKerry JK
      Participant

How about a section of the forum as a talent pool for possible collaborations?

As I see it, this could be set up on a communal favour-for-favour basis (more like HitRecord than a Fiverr-style ad market), though in practice collaborators will arrive at their own terms for any work created. There could be sections for types of help offered or wanted – session performance, graphic design, copywriting etc. There should be an ethos of community collaboration, so if somebody does receive a favour they should expect to either return it directly or pass it forward, with commercial and intellectual property concerns similarly respected.

• Kerry JKKerry JK
      Participant

Another idea for when there’s a suitably sized community is a Cover-Each-Other-Roulette (CEOR), which I ran successfully in a Facebook group a few years back.

The idea is that a group of artists sign up, then are paired off randomly, each recording a cover version of a song by their opposite number. We made this deliberately random – pairings of disparate styles and backgrounds made for some of the most interesting collaborations – and the whole process was discussed and recorded in forum posts. We ended up with some great tracks from this, and at least one pairing went on to release the produced track commercially and work again on future projects.

I’d love to run this again somewhere. Could this be the place?

• Sue OreszczynSue Oreszczyn

Hi Kerry, Both of those are great ideas! And running something on the GMN would be fantastic – exactly the kind of thing we have the site for. Pete Cogle is probably the one to help you set it up.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: What do we want on this website?
Your information: